After a bad break up or just even if you are in between relationships it is important to learn to be happy all on your own. In this day and age with the media and movies force feeding us the “ideal vision of love” it can be hard to enjoy life without feeling the pressure of society to find a partner. In order to find a lasting relationship it is necessary to enjoy your single life and spend time getting to know who you are and what you need and want in life.Read More
Divorce is a huge milestone in life that is emotionally charged and often can cause you to lose your composure. Once all the dust has settled from your divorce it is time to take small steps each day to take your life back into your own hands. It is time to forge a new path and create new habits that allow you to live your life to the fullest.Read More
Late life or “silver” divorce is becoming more common than ever. According to the National Center for family and marriage research at Bowling State Green University in Ohio, in 2014 people age 50 and above were twice as likely to go through a divorce in 1990. There are many reasons why people in this particular age range are making such a big life change later in life. One thing that is clear is a lot changed since the Baby Boomers starting getting married which has led to a higher amount of silver divorces.Read More
Should we blame the internet for an increase of infidelity? Between dating apps, social media, and sites catered to people looking to have an affair it is safe to assume the internet has played a big part in the rise of divorce rates.
An interesting study conducted in 2011 by Divorce-Online, a UK-based legal services firm, found that over one-third of divorce petitions cited the word “Facebook”. According to the study the top reasons why social media platform, Facebook, was mentioned was due to having inappropriate messages, bashing each other on social media and from reporting spouse behavior. Facebook is one of many outlets available for married people to search for love interests or engage in appropriate behavior. Read More
If you have ever had a pet before you can recall the sense of unconditional love and affection they bring into your life. Children often bond special relationships with their pets and this often comes in handy during traumatic life experiences like a divorce. Having a pet around your children and family during a divorce is proven to have great emotional benefits.Read More
The end of a relationship can be devastating whether you are the one ending it or the one being broken up with. No matter what way you slice it usually the only thing that will help you get over your ex is time. Usually during a break up you will go through multiple stages from depressed and emotional to angry and resentful. Some days will certainly be harder than others but one day you will wake up and your ex won’t be on your mind. You will go through an entire day realizing that they never crossed your mind. We have created a list of 10 signs that your ex is in your rearview.
If you have been married for a while and you are newly divorced the dating world can be an intimidating place. There are so many different platforms out there allowing you to connect with local singles including dating apps, online dating sites and networking events. Now that you are ready to find love again or at least start testing the waters there are some important tips to keep in mind. Read More
It is estimated that roughly 30-60% of all married individuals in the U.S. will engage in infidelity at some point in their marriage (Buss & Shackleford). As women are becoming more financially independent they are showing more trends of infidelity than ever before. Women tend to have emotional affairs which means they tend to cheat with someone in their social circle. In the world we live in there leaves much more room for opportunities for infidelity to happen on regular basis. Women have their reasons for cheating and we have narrowed down the 8 prominent ones.Read More
- Your profile pic. All of your profile pictures should be normal but flattering, don’t use the best picture of you. The goal is to make sure you are showing your potential dates pictures that reflect you and your lifestyle. You should probably refrain from using any filters or too many editing features that take away from how you look naturally. Make sure to avoid too many group photos because it takes the attention off of you.
- Too much info in profile. Follow the “less is more” rule when it comes to creating your profile. The purpose of your profile is to get potential dates to message you so it is good to leave more to the imagination and be a little mysterious. You need to save something to talk about when you are actually on your date. A good profile should include elements of humor and your personality so people can strike up a conversation with you.
- Your first message. Write something that shows you actually read their profile. Avoid using a generic message for everyone you decide to message because it lacks sincerity. Whatever you do, don’t just say “hi”, this will rarely get you a response and it lacks originality.
- Stating what you don’t want. You do not want to come across as a negative person in your profile so it is best to focus on what you are looking for versus what you are not. Avoid demanding language and try to keep things soft and inviting.
- Don’t go overboard on the first date. For your wallet’s sake do not make it a habit of dropping too much money on your first date. If you are going on multiple dates your budget will feel the pinch. Another reason is to set realistic expectations of what dating you will be like. You do not want to attract people who are interesting in your bank account as opposed to your personality.
- Don’t tell your sob story. This can be a real buzz kill for those potential dates who are excited to read your profile. Over-sharing can certainly deter people from messaging you. Everyone has baggage and a past of their own however your profile is not the place to put your past on blast.
- Spelling Errors. As simple as this sounds it can be a huge turn off if your spelling mistakes get in the way of your message. A quick proofread before sending a message or updating your profile is a simple solution to your problem. Lots of mistakes can be damaging for a first impression and distracting to the point you’re trying to get across.